Fast Startup is a new feature in Windows 8 to help your PC start up faster after shutting down. Some users have experienced issues booting Windows 8 when Fast Startup is enabled (ironically, these issues include extremely slow startup times.) This guide will show you how to disable the feature.
- Firstly, right click in the bottom left hand corner of your desktop to display the settings list
- Click Control Panel
- In Control Panel, click Power Options
- Now click Choose what the power button does in the top left hand corner
- Now click Change settings that are currently unavailable (You may be prompted by UAC to allow permission to do this)
- You will now be able to untick Turn on fast startup (recommended)
- Click Save changes to complete this tutorial
You have now disabled Fast Startup!