This guide will show you how to change your Windows 7 account password.
If your computer is part of a Windows domain (ask your IT contact if you are unsure), simply press Ctrl+Alt+Delete while logged in and select Change Password from the menu.
Alternatively, if your computer is a member of a workgroup:
- Click the start button and select Control Panel
- In Control Panel, select User Accounts
- In the next window, click Change your password
- Now enter your old password, new password and password hint in the appropriate fields
- Click Change password to save your new password
You have now changed your Windows 7 account password!
To reset a user’s password in Office 365 you will need to be an Office 365 Administrator with the relevant permissions.
- Log into the Office 365 portal at portal.office365.com
- On the Admin Overview page, click users and groups on the left hand side column
- Tick the check-box next to the user(s) you wish to reset passwords for
- Now click Reset passwords on the right hand side column
- You will now be prompted to choose whether you would like to have the password sent in an email to up to 5 recipients
- Click reset password to reset the user’s password
- You will be given the new temporary password on the next page
You have now reset the user’s password.
Important: Make sure you inform the user(s) to log into the Office 365 portal before using programs like Lync or Outlook as these programs will not be able to sign in using the temporary password.
The first time the user(s) log on to the Office 365 Portal, they will be guided through changing their password to a more permanent one.